Saturday, May 16, 2015

27 - Plezier maak je zelf

15.05.2015
On my 27th birthday I have done all the things that make me happy!

 multi grain waffles with dark chocolate, coconut and fruit @ my favorite breakfast spot
 Checked the news, weather and daily horoscope, and Skyped my parents (<3!)

Beach time: I read magazines in the sun, and took a splash in the lagoon
 Short but intense work out

 Showered and had lunch with colleagues, the waiters brought a cake while they were playing music and danced. Normally I hate this kind of attention but it was nice because I all knew them personally. 

 Tea break at the Marina where Captain M. and his family were sitting on the table beside me. 
 Back home preparing for dinner with A.
Surprise: he brought home yet another (huge) birthday cake! We ate fish at Hefny. 

After dinner we walked in the new Marina: the whole harbor was decorated with flags for a flea market! A. insisted to take photos of me because I am always behind the camera.

 C. and T. joined us for tea and she brought me a very sweet present.



Another year older, a little bit wiser: I realized I have to enjoy life more while we still can! Why had I never been to the beach next to my office before? Why don't I do things by myself more often? I am too focused on being perfect at work, and at home. But who cares if all your laundry is always ironed and the flat is always clean? From now on, I am doing things differently. Carpe diem, as my dad always says. Geluk maak je zelf, as my teacher used to tell us.
That I had to become 27 to understand this...

No comments:

Post a Comment